THE NATIONAL CHRISTIAN YOUTH SUMMIT 2018
6th – 11th of May 2018
Applications are open until 20 April 2018
Every year, under the auspices of the Speaker of the Senate, the National Prayer Breakfast is being organized in Ottawa, where leaders from all walks of life meet in the spirit of Jesus Christ.
Since 2006, the National Christian Youth Summit (formerly known as the National Student Forum), has been organized in conjunction with the National Prayer Breakfast to provide an opportunity for youth and young adults to meet and converse with those who serve on and around Parliament Hill.
The Summit allows to participate in round-table and panel discussions designed to help discover what it means to bring faith into our nation be that in schools, churches, politics or the public sphere.
The Summit is also an opportunity for young people to meet other like-minded youth across the nation that are passionate about living out their calling and relationship in Jesus Christ.
Armenian Diocese of Canada will support youth and young adults from across the Diocese to participate in the National Christian Youth Summit, as well as to be part of additional program offered by the Diocese.
WHAT CAN PARTICIPANTS EXPECT?
- Participants from across the Diocese will get an opportunity to dialogue with some of Canada’s leaders on how their faith in Jesus Christ inspires their involvement in politics and the public sphere.
- Participants will get an opportunity to engage with leaders in round-table and panel discussions and connect with other young people.
- Participants will meet each other and make friendship among themselves, as well as with youth from other communities.
- Along with the official program, during the weeklong stay in Ottawa, the Diocese would offer additional program including visit to the Rideau Hall, the National Gallery of Canada, the Canadian Museum of History.
- The Diocese would work with the Embassy of Armenia to Canada to organize a visit to the Embassy.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Youth and young adults of 18-30 years of age from across the Diocese are invited to submit their applications.
Individuals interested in participating are requested to submit an application containing a CV and a letter of motivation (max. 1 page). Your Motivation Letter should state your interest for joining the program, and how would you contribute to the development of youth ministry at your local parish. Be creative! Please note that the application process is competitive. Decision on admission is mainly based on the motivation letter, which is why we encourage applicants to put a special emphasis on this document.
Please send your CV and the Motivation Letter no later than April the 20th by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: National Christian Youth Summit
Applications will be evaluated from April 21 onwards and applicants will be notified on admission until April 25.
In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Diocese at the same email address.
PARTICIPATION FEE AND REQUIREMENTS
The Armenian Diocese of Canada will provide full scholarship to all the selected participants covering return ticket, meals, the cost to attend the National Christian Youth Summit, Ottawa daily bus tickets, tickets for the museums.
St. Mesrob Armenian Apostolic Church of Ottawa parishioners have graciously agreed to host the participants during the week of their stay in Ottawa.
Selected participants will have to contribute $50.